Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Hambletonian

All American Futurity Spectacle

I have been watching races for over 40 years, and I have never witnessed a spectacle like I just watched post race. JM Miracle, the winner, looked to be in bad shape after concluding the race, and was basically not moving until a lead pony started to drag him. jock was waving the whip at him, was moving like a 20 year old riding horse at a dude ranch. At some point,it looked like the horse ambulance showed up for a look. Eventually, and I mean a long while later, he reappears at the start of the clubhouse turn being dragged by two guys and literally pushed along by several others. It took him a long time to make it back to the finish line, and they dumped some buckets of water on him, but the jock eventually bailed and they unsaddled him surrounded by about 20 people....I am guessing they gave up on the photo.

I am not going to rush to judgement on what his issue is, although it is hard to believe a 1/4 mile race could have led to overheating, but in any case that horse was in absolutely no condition to travel once he turned back at the end of the pull up. Everything that happened later was animal abuse plain and simple. If he was a 2k claimer he would have been ambulanced off to the barn immediately, but in one of the richest races in America, he gets literally dragged back to the winners circle.

Still waiting to hear about his condition...the live feed from Ruidoso did not have any post race interviews that I heard.

Sorry for the long rant, it was just very very disturbing.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)