Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tax Reform
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #64
reckless
Veteran

I can assure you that from top to bottom, this GOP bill is a joke. FWIW.

But my real gripe these days is the lack of any sort of financial acumen by those discussing this tax bill by many people in the media, especially the business media.

Anyone playing the 'tax cuts for the rich' game... or the 'rich will benefit the most game', yada yada yada, simply is clueless on our Constitution and history. And that includes those that play the dumb politically expedient angle often played by people like Donald Trump (sad to say) and Warren Buffett (a lifelong phony) when they say: 'I'm a billionaire and all my wealthy friends say we aren't taxed enough; that we have enough money ...' Stupidity to that effect.

What is being ignored is this... regardless of an individual person's wealth or income, it is both unfair and un-American for government to decide that one person must be taxed differently than another person. If we really are a country where all 'men are created equal', then this tax bill must be denounced and a true honest tax overhaul must be enacted.

It should not matter if a person makes $1 million a year or $10,000 a year, that money belongs to the individual citizen. They earned it, whatever the amount. The individual should be taxed at the same rate and by the same tax laws, equally. Money --wealth, income, hard assets, cash-- is a product of the sovereign individual's work alone and not of the government.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)