Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 64?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #12
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I had a bunch of computers growing up, as Dad is a bit of a geek like myself...

Let's see...

There was the TIMEX SINCLAIR (remember THAT ONE?) We actually only had that one for a few days and returned it.

Then I believe my very first "real" computer was the TI 99/4A (thank you Mr. Cosby...lol)

Then the Atari 800XL

Then a TANDY PC...an actual 8086-based PC!!

Then I think I bought my first PC on my own...a Micron Pentium-based machine (now known as MPC and now out of business...they spun off from Micron the chip maker).

Then I built my next handful of PCs over the years...and my current PC I did not build...it's an Alienware from Dell...

Ahhh...the fond memories of a Geek...
A friend's parents had an Apple Lisa. Of course being teenagers we used that cutting edge technology to draw dirty pictures on it.

I got an Alienware now too, basically because I can and building your own isn't the good deal it used to be. Does yours get a little flaky rebooting after updates? Had several times where i had to do a system restore because some update was causing it to lock up.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)