Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 06:54 PM   #54
classhandicapper

When I was a kid I liked the way Russ Harris did it. He would rank the horses in terms of probability of winning. That included the "best bet of the day" being the most likely winner.

The advantage of that to me was that I didn't have to guess what he was thinking in terms of prices.

If Harris's top pick was 4-1 or 5-1 that almost had to be attractive if Harris was right.

If Harris's top pick went off as the favorite I could skip the race or look at who he had listed 2nd and 3rd. If one of those horses was 10-1 or 15-1, then maybe I could play an exacta with that horse.

Of course that's only going to work if the handicapper is ranking the horses well in terms of probability of winning.

I also like what Steven Klein did.

He would handicap the races and the ones he was interested in betting he'd give you a minimum price. He'd give you the explanation and then say "at 6-1 or better".

Most of the time in my own gambling though I am doing what most public handicappers are doing. I'm looking for horses I think will be good value.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)