Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #42
Robert Fischer
clean money

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
if its only going to be $100, I think the owners will be happy to pay that for the jock for a higher placing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
If its just small fines then I would imagine its an acceptable cost of doing business.

yea, 'juice costs more than $100...

will it be like a 'points' system like drivers license? Actual DQs? Purse monies?

/partly in jest.

I like a rider with good sense of timing,
feel there's strengths to finesse,
or strong handling
or the rare jockey capable of both...

I don't like the fake 'safety stick-work' while a jock herds into a rival, pretending to avoid such herding. I think a steering stick (say a left hand to get off the fence) is a necessary part of working some trips. I think there are legit safety concerns where a stick saves jockey and horse.

in a drive it's possible to imagine a 'level-playing-field' w/ hand work, and limited strikes + waving...

but I also see stick work ingrained as muscle-memory for a jockey to rally.

I think it does help motivate most horses, and hinder a rare few.

I know some players and jockeys and groups feel a strong push-back, and i don't want to make light of it.

Honestly don't know all the answers.

Sarge (Nick Hines of TVG) and Tom and Tom Racing had some good ideas about media and fan ventures in yesterday's live Santa Anita podcast w/ the Triple Clowns.
Some of those game-savers will work best when we get past Covid to the point of bringing fans back. Some are part of some of the good owner partnerships/syndicates. Some about bringing in the younger crowd.

I don't want to make light of it. (to either side of the fence) I honestly don't know all the answers. Important discussion guys.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 10-05-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)