Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #34
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Hopefully, you have your results in a spreadsheet type of database. It's unfair to only view the results in total. You probably need to stratify your info e.g., mdns, cl, alw and stakes etc., maybe even by purse value within those levels or in total.

If you just want to use the results in total then maybe determining what is an acceptable win% and/or ROI IMO. The way you're presenting the results appears to be misleading. Maybe a win % greater than say 33% (or whatever) is good and less than that is poor. I'm uncertain what an acceptable ROI would be betting every race. Again, just some thoughts to make yur presentation more informative and useful.
I'm trying to make this where it is not misleading. Anyone can get PV and do what I am doing. Bet the PV Best Bets for the day. If any followers do the same, we should get the same results.

I'm just trying to keep things simple and get enough races in my database to give a true sample. Like I said, I am just using PV's BEST BETS, that you get by clicking on 1 tab. These BB may be any kind of race, mdn, claiming, stakes, etc., long or short,that is the program's choice. I just bet them as they come out. This way everyone that does the same thing should get the same results. When we start selecting the "good ones" out of the best bets, that would leave too much to the skill of the user and take us away from the performance of the program. I'm trying to see how good the program is on all races, not just on state bred maiden fillies going a mile on the turf races. Who wants to wait all week on one of those to make a bet?

Really win percentage does not matter to me, it is the ROI., but neither should be misleading, you run the same cards thru PV and you should get the exact same figures.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)