Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The Cat Problem
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
Marshall Bennett

I have a neighbor down the road about 1/2 mile that has like 30 cats. He takes new additions to the vet to get fixed. There is however a few that or sort of wild and he can't catch. So the population grows needless to say, He's an elderly man living alone. The 2 homes on either side of him won't sell because its apparent the cats destroy property. A picnic table for example will be scratched up and look like shit in a matter of weeks. They hop the fences and urinate, crap, then dig the yards up. He's been approached by neighbors. His only excuse is he hasn't the heart to haul them off. The county says there's little they can do since they're cats, and even stray cats are not a concern of theirs. I've advised the homeowners to take pictures, get a witness or two, and go to small claims court and sue for damages.
He's not a particularly pleasant old man anyway. Were it me I wouldn't hesitate. Perhaps $10K would motivate him more to remedy the situation.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement