Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Winter Olympics
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

I like some of the events. Growing up and living in upstate NY i was into downhill skiing as a young man. Its really fun if you enjoy the outdoors and speed. Unfortunately, my health issues kind of made me give it up. I go like once a year to West Mtn., and rent.

Living fairly close to White Face Mtn. and Lake Placid I still remember 1980. I graduated High School that year. My best friends dad worked for Monsanto and he had a wad of tickets for all the events. I went to the downhill skiing and the Ski jump events. Those cats have balls! Forget about the luge and bob sled, they are just nuts! During the off season they would let you try the bob sled but you were more than halfway through the course when you started and you rode with the driver.

That was the year we beat the Russians with real amateurs. Hockey baby! Those corporate guys scooped all those tickets but i was in the village when we won.........it was a riot, something I'll never forget. American flags and drunks screaming in every bar. Of course the drinking age was 18 then too! It was one of the greatest upsets in the history of all sports. Good luck USA!

Last edited by burnsy; 02-10-2018 at 12:32 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)