Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 07:55 PM   #130
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Many years ago when I first started to use Sartin software, all I had was Phase III, and I only played Hollywood, Santa Anita, and 8.5 furlong races. I labored hard to enter all pacelines with 8.5 f, dirt races on each entrant. I also made a model of each trach's m% energy, all winners at these tracks, at 8.5 f dirt. I would locate the paceline that most "fit" the entrants "normal" flow of success. Then was able to eliminate those entrants, not fitting %m energy requirements for a particular race. Usually I was able to "pin" it down to 2-3 entrants. It was surprising, because many times the favorite was eliminated.

I had more success, at Hollywood, but good success at Santa Anita. For some reason unknown to me, Del Mar didn't work, probably because I didn't have enough races to model, but never figured it out.

I stopped doing this procedure, very time consuming, putting manually all the pacelines in, and for some reason, I can't remember, I lost interest. But for awhile it was amazing!!
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most