Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 05:56 AM   #4192
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Convolution
Let's briefly look at this passage. The first thing we notice is that the text is dealing with just one specific sin -- that being idolatry.
You are just playing word games after silly word games. This is crystal clear buinky, no matter your rabbit hole theology. Idolatry or no idolatry.

Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

First, why is your version of god a "jealous god"? And who or what is your one dimensional god jealous of?

If the folks he created, (evidently doing a half ass job), began to worship another deity, what should your god do about it? In Exodus he "hardened" the heart of Pharaoh.

"And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses."

Why couldn't your god "soften" the hearts of his own children NOT TO stray?
He denied free will to Pharaoh, yet allows his own to stumble with their gift of free will. I went to Hebrew school afternoons after public school, when I was a kid, couldn't god just have educated his own?

Maybe "gifting" them with the sins of their parents, Adam and Eve, and then
I guess killing all the first born of Egypt, did not ensue a whole lot of trust in the Israelite? After all your version of god is Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence. Why is he, (she or it), also jealous and irrational. ? Man talk about a disconnect in your brain and a contradiction you can not see.

What part of "jealous and irrational" don't you get?

Last edited by hcap; 04-05-2020 at 06:10 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most