Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Jaime Mejia
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Where'd trainer Jaime Mejia go from the Gulfstream entries this week? Looks like a relative has taken over ownership & a new trainer involved. His horses fill up the entry box a lot, often way over their head, but I feel like it's an entertaining part of the GP meet (kind of the way the Rose family would spring the big upset not all that long ago either), anyone know the reason for the departure?
Personally, I won't miss him. His horses do fill up the entry box, but many of them are horses that have been running on 10 days' rest for months at a time.

But here's some good news. I posted here a while back about one such Mejia horse, Gladiator King, a sprinter. Mejia ran the crap out of him in late 2018 through mid-2019, including a couple of graded routes (Holy Bull and FOY) that the horse clearly had no business in. After his last race in June, he fell off the radar completely. But I read the other day that on Jan. 2 Gladiator King won the 6f G3 Dubawi Stakes under a different trainer, his first race back since June 1 of last year.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)