Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman
NYCOTB closed its doors just before Christmas 2010.
Without going into all the politics the bottom line NYCOTB was in bankruptcy.NYRA and other racing interests are owed tens of millions of dollars and at the end NYCOTB was left to die on the senate floor.
NYRA knew at the time that the horseplayers of New York City,would inevitably find their way to action either through NYRA or some other ADW. NYRA aggressively advertised for new accounts which they should have then planned to handle this new business. Why did'nt NYRA approach NYCOTB and try to negotiate the equipment, floor space and employees of the call center and internet wagering operation? It would seem they would be in a favorable bargaining position to do this. I am sure there is more to this scenario then I am aware of[I know little] but it has been 5 months since NYCOTB closed its doors.
Personally, I have a NYRA account in addition to other ADW accounts.So far, I have not experienced any major problems since most of my wagers are placed on the internet. Many of my friends who call in their wagers are not at all happy with NYRA and are looking at other ADW's. You would think after 5 months some plans would be in place to do everything possible to gain and keep new bettors and to capitalize on the void left by NYCOTB.
There is a lot more to this scenario than you are aware of. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to divulge what I do know and I'm sure there is even more that I don't. The whole point of the response I made is that the problem is known and not being ignored and that the current outcome is in no way what anyone wanted or expected to happen.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)