Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The jobs report
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #8
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I believe the unemployment numbers as much as I believe the inflation ones. There has to be some funny math going on. Between the grocery store and buying supplies to run my machine shop I am paying 30% more than last year on most everything. As for shop supplies I have noticed a huge increase on shipping charges on consumable items that I frequently re-order in the same quantities. I am ordering a lot from large companies that get deep discounts from UPS, that they used to pass on to customers. As an example I just received two small one pound boxes, UPS ground from 300 miles away. They were part of the same order and came from the same place. The shipping bill was $46 + a $5 handling charge. That is freaking nuts.

With unemployment numbers do they not count those who refuse to go back to work? I see help wanted signs all over the place and lack of workers being blamed for supply chain shortages. These aren't new jobs, just old ones that were vacated.
Just a short time ago today I was at the checkout line at Market Basket grocery store, the woman with the cashier in front of me was having a tough time getting $267.00 applied or to come off her food stamp card. I guess on the third attempt with a $255 total it was not declined. My observations were all negative and when I got to the parking area to see her 2020 Honda Accord next to my 2020 Camry my thoughts did not get any better. I have never used food stamps in my life or any of the safety nets this country provides. Unemployment is just the tip of the iceberg.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)