Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 10:31 PM   #5
pandy

These appeals shouldn't be allowed. It's the judge's call. That's their job. I thought that Brett Miller had already moved into the three path when Yannick's horse took steps. Other people saw it differently. I called charts for years so I'm probably right, but the thing is, without a camera facing the last turn which would give us a head-on shot, it's hard to tell for sure. I think that Brett had already moved to the three path but I can't be sure. If I was a judge and only had that view, I would have taken him down.

So the judge's call is hard to question without more camera angles.

But the bottom line is, appeals should only be allowed in rare instances where cheating may have occurred, such as when a horse tests posititive. I'm amazed that these appears are allowed, it's senseless.

Another factor, I bet the horse that Dunn was driving, who would have either won or finished 2nd. Dunn was laying way back in the bike and his reaction to the breaker in front of him was slow and he ran right into the horse. This style of driving with the lean back is so stupid, it's nuts. This year there have been a lot of accidents and drivers getting injured. They can't react quick enough because the bikes are longer, they're sitting far behind the horse, and their leaning way back with long handholds. Nuts. Harness racing is run by people who don't know what they're doing. They made the bikes longer and now there's a length and three quarters in between each horse (with the lean back) instead of a length and a quarter, which makes it very difficult for horses to win from off the pace...and it hurts outside posts. Everyone knows this and no one changes it.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)