Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #74
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Poindexter, you said above:

"Regarding it being hard or easy, it is simply numbers. 4 million was bet. That was 20 million combos played."

Your numbers are a little off.

Almost $20M was bet. That's 100M combos.

There were 1.6 million combos "alive" after the 1st race was over. Gulfstream put the number on display after each leg. At least that's what i wrote down.

You need to rework your example.
Sorry about that. Betting too many horses. Just not quite the right ones. I willl try doing this right

Strangely enough the chart is saying that 15,788,225 bet so I will go with number. I heard repeatedly that 20 million was bet so I guess they were including the carryover in that statement. 15.8 million bet 3.16 million retained for takeout(hana lists the takeout as 20%) 4.14 million carryover more than offset the take out for a net positive of roughly 1 million dollars on 15.8 million dollar bet. So about a 6.3% positive expectation on the bet. So basically 16.8 million was paid out in $15,566 increments to roughly 1080 winning tickets. So roughly 1080 out of close to 79 million combos wagered on hit.

Given the positive expectation pool and amount of public money, I would say the payoff was disappointing. But that leads back to 2 of the 3 heaviest chalks winning(the 2 that won also made the most sense the other that lost I have no idea why hes was odds on). Had one more of them lost you would have seen a lot more value in the payoff.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)