Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #217
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
Many years ago, I was making my own pace figures. I know the brisnet figures are machine generated.

I contacted BRIS and asked if I could have the template, or file, and would pay for it, that would have layed out things in such detail that I could know the projection of a horse. I literally wanted each table for each distance turf and dirt, that would then give me a final figure. They would not sell it to me.

It would have been a big file. The reason I am into this again, is because I got quite a bit better this year, and seem to have trouble with 7.5 furlong turf projects going long or short. It is usually a GPX issue, but occasionally shows up in other places. If anyone can suggest what steps I could take, let me know.

The other reason, is really because I do play a lot of stretch outs on the dirt and feel pretty confident with the method I used but want more details.

Thanks.
7.5f is a tough distance everywhere, but at Gulfstream it is particularly tough because they use a wide variety of run ups and rail settings. I personally have a baseline for every different rail setting / run up combination for every track. I do group them to be reasonable, don't have to be exact matches.

At Gulfstream, they also don't use the same run up on the same day, and use multiple rails.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)