Old 05-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #256
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
A list of the known horses pulled from kill lots, courtesy of Maggi Moss:

2/10/15 Jaylofromthegetgo Shelton Zenon
5/10/15 Pastor P's Pulpit Shelton Zenon
11/10/16 Imstillkickin Charles Zenon
11/20/16 HerecomesJohnny Benjamin Zeno ( found dead w maggots and being beaten by kids w bricks)
11/29/16 Mr Rail Charles Zenon
3/13//17 Lees Soldier Benjamin Zeno
5/1/17 Flower Angel Charles Zenon
6/23/17 Tee Top Cat Benjamin Zeno
6/24/17 Lunar Pals Mission Charles Zenon
6/26/17 Know you Now Charles Zenon
7/16/17 Cajun Curahee Charles Zenon
10/1/17 Big Top Speed Shelton Zenon
5/23/18 Super Chase Shelton Zenon (ran 5/3/18 evangeline)
5/23/18 Skin Deep Benjamin Zeno ( ran 5/5/18 evangeline)

And the Louisiana State Racing Commission has no problem with licensing these people.
I can barely read these w/out getting sick to my stomach.

What can *we* do? Maggie Moss has prestige and power...but w/out a national centralized racing authority, and each track "doing what they want" how this can be fixed.

Already suffered thru all those years of truly disgusting stuff going on at Penn Nat. I just don't wager on the tracks that do this stuff (which is something w/in my power), but you'd think that just the sheer pressure from above-board people and tracks would be able to effect some kind of pressure here?

Horseplayers are going to support these tracks by wagering at them (to make a few bucks?) There are calls for boycotting tracks due to high take out, but what about boycotting due to literal "torture" and "cruel and inhumane treatment" of the actual horses in our sport?

These tracks should be treated as what they are.....black eyes on the sport ---- sewers----and nobody should be supporting them.

I personally could not live w/myself if a horse I made $20 on was beaten or starved and had maggots on them a week or so after racing, and / or showed up in the kill lot with their racing plates still on w/abraded lips to erase tattoo, etc.

Horse players need to be vocal about this stuff and also show it with their wallets!

Last edited by clicknow; 05-27-2018 at 12:02 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)