Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #122
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Happy to post the TimeformUS numbers but I'm not sure where this is going. What makes a race comparable to another? Tracks change speed and horses are at different points in their form cycle. Anyway, here goes:

Burma Road 114, 114

Mr. Jägermeister 120, 98 (You realize the 98 was as a young 2yo, right?)

Puntsville 99, 113, 106 (Assuming the middle race is 9-16)

Trident Hero 88, 86 (Assuming the first race is 8-18, not 11-18)

Shoot Craps 93, 88 (I put the most recent first, you had dates reversed above)

Be A Lady 100, 89

Thanks for your response.

I was looking for races with similar times and DRF figs and variants, even though I know they are not perfect.

Burma Road was the only turf example I found in the two days I looked at, so that could be another reason it's a questionable example. Even though you the two races equal, Bris makes one race 5 point higher.

I know Mr. Jägermeister 8/20/17 race was as a two year old but the times were equal at the same track with almost equal variants.

When I handicap a race with lightly raced three year old horses with one or two races as a two year old and then comes back in the Spring at three, I adjust the two year old races faster. Most two year old horses improve a lot after a winter lay off.

While I would not have adjusted the 2 year old race faster for his 3 year old season, because he had 4 races a s a two year old, I would not make it slower either.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most