Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:35 AM   #751
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
During play of a game, the game can be stopped and a ruling issued before play continues. In horse racing, this is not possible.
Furthermore, those who have bets on the fouled horse, do they not have a legitimate beef when their horse is denied a position based on the rule breaching actions of another horse?
Have you never had your horse fouled or impeded and thought that you were the victim of a bad non call?
It cuts both ways.
I would rather see a rules violation punished and a good faith effort to rectify that breach with a proper placing of the finishers.
Loo, I've been pulled down more than I've been pulled forward. I have also seen where my horse has been impeded and no call was made to adjust the order of finish....In other words, IMO they 'missed' it
The problem is human error and fallible political appointees with at the very least subconscious biases making the calls. It's the inconsistencies that are the mostly the problem. HUGE money is being invested in buying horses and betting on horses, and owners and bettors have thousands or tens of thousands riding on guesswork from people with no financial skin in the outcomes and no worries about getting fired or disciplined for any decisions that are made.

As far as being the victim in a situation where my horse was too slow to keep up, we've all been there obviously, but, if you know in advance that winners get paid you won't be bummed out at all, if you get bumped its just bad luck and you'll get em next time, you'll know winners get paid it won't phase you in the least if you get interfered with.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)