Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Thask...When Clemens pitched for the longhorns I thought he was the best pitcher in the game, save Steve Carlton. He was that good. He came from a modest upbringing, he wouldn't have had the expendable cash for PEDs which were quite expensive in the early 80s.

The University wouldn't have funded PEDs for baseball players in that era. Football? Yeah maybe. But not baseball. We led the NCAA in attendance for baseball a few times back then but that program barely covered budget.

My strong suggestion is he didn't juice until he had a few MLB paycheck under his belt. Can I prove it? No. I can't prove a lot of things either but once in awhile I can add two and two.

I may also add, his hyper aggressive (on the mound and in the dugout ) temperament didn't go sour until he was in the league for a couple of years. Back then, that was a good indicator of roid use
ElKabong...I honestly can't see the pro-Clemens point that you are trying to make. If, as you state above, you feel that there indeed was a "good indication" that Clemens was using steroids after being in the league for "a couple of years", then...how can you say that he was HOF-worthy before his steroid use? Do a couple of great years make for a Hall-Of-Fame career?

» Advertisement