Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: ValueCapper
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #382
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikym View Post
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcomed. Much appreciated!

Let me give an example of when I may do a secondary bet. Within ValueCapper, there are various portfolios. One of those portfolios is called something like “Anti Value Countdown.” Essentially, the program ranks the field as it normally does and then finds the flaws it considers anti value. Let’s say the top three all have anti value and the fourth doesn’t. The fourth is a possible bet because the program perceives the top three to have flaws. Now as MP says, ValueCapper isn’t a magic box. You still need to do some handicapping to make a final decision. So for the sake of this discussion, if I feel the fourth horse has a chance and is not only an overlay, but is giving me a really good price on a horse that is that far down on the line, I will make a secondary bet. The bet is much smaller than my primary bet for sure. More often than not - at least in my experience so far - the wins are few and far between. But, as long as doing this isn’t a huge part of your game, you do have the chance at making a decent score on occasion.
Thats my favorite profile and I would argue with you here my friend that if you are making secondary bets in this profile, you are losing out. I do not reccommend betting blindly, but I do keep track of this profile and it shows consistent profits even betting blindly.

If you eliminate all RED(Consider Passing) and ORANGE (Proceed with great caution) races and just bet the AVC horse IF it goes off at or above the VCP price.......here what you get from June1-June21 for 2$ bets

47 BETS
$94 Invested
4 winners
8.5% win
$132.40 returned
Profit=$38.40
1$ ROI = 1.41

I also RAN this with real money JAN1 - APRIL30 but since they were prebet, I only used the ones that I thought would go off above VCP and here what I got

96 Bets
$960 INVESTED
10 WINNERS
10.4% WIN
$1,194 RETURNED
PROFIT $234
ROI 1.24

Thats not too shabby betting blindly. Hitting only like 8-10% of the time you will hit long runouts, but I think since I began tracking this sometime in 2020 there has only been 3 losing months.

Just doesnt provide enough plays, I wouls say 2-3 per day avg.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVC Jan-April.JPG (204.1 KB, 32 views)
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.