Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Track Phantom

Ness/Midwest claimer sets track record at TAM today

Might have made my last bet on a race Jamie Ness is involved in. I'm from MN and have followed this guy since 2005 (after he left the information booth at CBY to become a trainer). He is doing things that defy all logical statistics.

Today, Lady of Greatness (a mare he claimed for 14k in October) won a 20k claiming race by 11 lengths in sub 1:03 for 5 1/2 and set the track record.

The guy is hovering around 50% win percentage with 125 starters are TAM.

A few honest questions:

1. Is there a sole alive that believes he is winning legitimately?

2. If the answer is NO, why is he allowed to train?

3. I know the tracks have a built in incentive to let guys like Ness on the grounds (adds more horses to races) but c'mon, you can't seriously believe his runners make their product better or more bettable.

4. Will there EVER be a serious charge brought against Ness (or guys like him)? If he is using PED's, he is committing a felony (tampering with a parimutuel event) and would do prison time if the Fed's took aim.

Overall---it's just disgusting to me and makes the game tough to get excited about.

Last edited by Valento; 03-14-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Track Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most