Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #20
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why this surprises anyone, I don't know.

Steroids have been around since the 50s and 60s....that's why I have written in the past the things I have about horses in the 70s...you know, the year we had three TC winners...and Secretariat...could it be PE drugs were starting to find their way into racing during the 70s?

A lot of people refuse to believe it...but I think it's not only entirely possible, but quite probable...

So baseball players in the 70s experimenting with it...totally believable...
Steroids were around but nowhere near mainstream. It was basically bodybuilders and some Olympic athletes. You didn't see MLB players with legs the size of tree trunks in the 1970s. I wasn't following racing in the 70s so I can't really comment, but I know we used to see horses run on 10-14 days rest frequently, and some horses would run 20 times in a year during the eighties. With drugs far more rampant, we don't see that anymore.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)