Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I’d like to chime in too. I get most of my news the old-fashioned way: a real, paper newspaper that one can read without popups jumping out at you; and later on, use to protect your floors from spilt paint. As well as whack the dog with when he’s bad, although my wife and I have no pets. It’s called the Villages Daily Sun. Every day it gets plunked down on my doorstep and I go rambling out and retrieve it. It’s delivered 364 days a year and a subscription costs $84 per year. It’s the only newspaper in the country whose circulation has increased over the past 20 years, went from 20k to 45k. This is when most of the country’s local papers circulation dropped an average of 50%. It’s gotten thicker too since I first came here in 2012.

It is a local paper but it’s not your typical neighborhood-type one. Yes it has local trivia tidbits from the over 4,000 clubs that meet here every week, including the bridge club and the village's idiot club. It has AP stories for covering national stuff as well as local news with a dozen or so writers on their staff. It covers the pro sports pretty well especially pro golf (I live in the middle of 711 holes of golf, no mini-golf though).

I should mention that I do read the NY Post daily email, and I do click for the entire article occasionally, but the popups drive me crazy so that’s not often.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)