Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 PM   #61
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
with KJ from the hijack i raise three limpers to $14. the button and two of the limpers call and we see a jack high flop with one heart. i bet $40 here and the button shoves all in for $72. the two limpers fold and i call the $32. the button has AA and the board bricks out.

if i just call with aces in a situation like that i'm a loser every time. "they" just call, however, and everything right down to the jack high flop goes their way.
This is actually a nice subject to think about.

First of all, as a general matter, what's the purpose of calling here with the aces versus raising?

Second, under what conditions could calling be plausible as opposed to raising? What are you risking by not re-raising aces? What are you gaining?

Third, let's say you do just call. What's your plan on different flops? Are there situations where the correct play is different, such as check-call, donk-shove, or even check-fold?

Fourth, does the fact that the villain is a short stack change the correct strategy, from his standpoint?

(I won't answer these questions straight up yet, but I will tip my hand-- I think the villain played the hand badly, but it was less bad because he was short-stacked and would have been worse if he had more chips.)
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)