Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TERRIBLE RULING
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #15
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
In this day and age of races being drawn 5 or even more days in advance "scratch time" has become vague and a misnomer. Most jurisdictions now employ a scratch off the program protocol. What becomes a bit more important is "press" time. This is when all information is hopefully correct. Technically a horse, especially in a Stakes race, can scratch without excuse from 5 minutes after the race is draw until 1 hour before post time. Rosario was named on the overnight to ride that horse. Handicappers around the world capped the race thinking he was the pilot. That was changed for no good reason. Yes not that big of a deal as both are elite riders but still misinformation. What if it was 50 years ago when Shoemaker or Pincay were the pinnacle of racing? What if you didn't want to compete vs the Shoe. Just name him on your horse. Wait until all the others are spoken for and pull the plug. Now the greatest rider in the world has to sit out giving you a tactical advantage when you put your guy up. There's a saying amongst jocks and agents. If you like me on entry day you have to like me on race day. What happened to Rosario was unfair by the rule book spirit or otherwise. The Court should leave the administering of racing rules to those who are best qualified to interpret them. Period. TERRIBLE DECISION
Brilliant post. And on a closely related matter, THAT'S my biggest problem with entries earmarked in advance for scratching and made for the sole purpose of making a race "go." Aside from the fact that, in my opinion, it's a form of race fixing, it misdirects handicappers and constitutes a monumental waste of their time. Which SHOULD be a crime.

Last edited by mountainman; 10-06-2020 at 09:58 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)