Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 PM   #28
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
When you got all those raises over your 30-40 your career in the Post Office how much profit did the USPS show in those years? I assume pay raises and bonuses come from profits, no?

Also, many of those PO's upper level management types nationwide got yearly bonuses on a fairly regular basis despite the PO annually losing money, annually losing customers and annually becoming less and less efficient under their 'leadership'.
In 2006, the Republican Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, a blatant attempt to destroy USPS and replace it with a for profit postal system. The PAEA required USPS to pay up to $5.8B a year to fund future employee health benefits. I mean way future-like 75 years.
Were it not for those payments, USPS would have shown a surplus in 11 of the last 13 years.

As far as raises are concerned, aside from COLA, I do not recall a wage increase over 1.5% in the last 20 years before I retired and many times not even that. One of managements favorite tricks was to give a one time bonus in lieu of a pay raise. Which meant that the next time the contract came up your base was the same as it had been at the previous contract.

» Advertisement