Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:28 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I'm a strong believer in table talk which in this case was legal since even though there were 3 people the banter couldn't influence the $67.00 guy.

I should have engaged him conversation and found a way to let him know I might have bigger spades as well. I'm convinced he never even considered that.

Believe me. Even though I knew I was well ahead I wanted him to fold. I was happy winning what was already out there with a hand I couldn't improve.

IMO his call was VERY STUPID but not that surprising at this level of play.

Again, not crying, I'm a big boy.

Reminds me of the reason why I'm not really cut out to play poker for big $$$'s.

I have a tough time reconciling doing everything correctly and still losing quite often just because of the math.
Stick with it, and you'll get used to it...as I did. And you'll find that your newly-found "courage" will serve you well in horse-betting too.

It helps enormously if the gambler gets his start in poker first...IMO. That way...he realizes from the beginning that the player's "control" over the situation ends when the money leaves his hands. Once the money gets put in play...the control is relinquished to the hands of the gambling gods...and there is nothing more that the player can do.

The horseplayer loses a race, and returns to the past performances to see what he missed about the winner...and why he lost the bet. The poker player, on the other hand, knows from the start that the money is often lost even when the hand is played perfectly. It sometimes takes the horseplayer a LIFETIME to learn this obvious lesson.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-31-2018 at 08:30 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement