Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 11:18 PM   #24
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
Decision making is something a system player does really not do. He lacks that quick thinking, making changes to suit the particular racing situation or changes. He hasn't learned to do that yet. So for him a system can be beneficial.
Your assessment is right on.

I've spent 4 decades as a pure system player.

As the whales have proliferated, it has become more and more difficult for me to win with an absolutely systematic approach.

Within just the past few months I got a performance coach. She specializes in traders and contends that in her industry, there really isn't such a thing as "pure system plays."

She says that almost every single play has gray areas.

Initially, I fought this tooth and nail, but eventually succumbed to the fact that she's correct: there really are a lot of gray races.

Don't misunderstand - my play is still based upon systems, components, and processes, but now I am a HYBRID player - much like an online chess player who uses software to suggest moves as well as playing the game himself.

Ultimately, the play you make is YOURS - for whatever reason you make it.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 11-26-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)