Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #35
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post

We, on the other hand, see the RACE as the entity. In other words, we could choose to get expert at specific scenarios, something that would be foreign to the approach the whales use.

Whales develop GLOBAL models. That is, they build a single, giant system for all races. Now, the do use LOCAL data as inputs into the process, but they are still handicapping on a global scale. (In this context, "global" does not mean "worldwide." It means across the entire sample of the data set.)

Okay, in English, that means they're building one big system and integrating track-specific data tables for things like post position, running style, etc.

What you/we have to figure out, is how to do reality-based handicapping that does not directly oppose them at every turn.

Dave
Extremely sharp post Dave, thank you...I know of one person who uses the ‘global’ approach for a Class Metric alone...I imagine he types in a horses’ name and up pops the Class Rank number...I can only imagine a massive global ranking method that factors in many metrics at the same time...!

I see the wisdom of your last sentence....we become speculative remoras, attaching ourselves to sharks and whales, and manta rays in a form of Commensalism...

http://divemagazine.co.uk/images/art...-UDA6A9358.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commensalism

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 01-14-2019 at 06:22 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)