Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Remington Park
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
Form W-2G

Remington Park

I've only bet Rem on a handful of occasions in the past. A few nights ago I was reviewing Brisnet's "At a Glance," specifically Avg. Win Odds, for many popular tracks. It was then that I noticed Remington's astronomical avg. win odds and took a closer look. I then realized the Thoroughbred season had just begun at that venue and the stats being reported reflected only 3 or so racing days. I made a mental note to revisit. I did so yesterday and found the average win odds to be a juicy $6.65 to 1 with a sample size of 51 races taking place between opening day (8/24) through 9/1 (6 racing days).

I downloaded the card and handicapped 2 races that I believed to be playable (i.e., consistent with my handicapping style .. 5 or more running lines ... and post time before my east coast bedtime ). The following reflects win prices for each of 9 races run yesterday:

$3.20
$28.60
$8.00
$39.20
$20.40
$55.40
$43.20
$6.80
$3.80

Average $2 win price $23.17.

I had the winner in the 4th race paying $39.20 based in part on the horse having best last 5 Bris Race Ratings. First notable score since returning from my handicapping hiatus a few years ago and certainly a confidence builder.

What gives with this track? Are such prices typical? Thoughts? Angles?
Form W-2G is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)