Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #9263
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Words can be altered,[ manipulated and misrepresented. Therefore they can never be spiritual truth. That is only available through experience.

And that's the same argument atheists make against your experience. Try to be original.

I have an extremely close relationship with Jesus. But thank you for asking.

There's nothing wrong with that. But you do it for all the wrong reasons. One is to prompt up your ego and the other is to condemn everyone to Hell. Not the PR Jesus would use today.

The answer is all around you. Everyone thinks they are right and where does that leave us? At eachother's throats. That's why Jesus said to Love your enemy.

For starters, Jesus showed by example that you can forgive your worst enemy, in Jesus's case, his murderers. That shows that the illusion of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is an illusion with a viscous cycle and the only way out of the illusion is through forgiveness.

Evil comes from illusion.

Yes, Because it was created out of illusion. Evil needs good. It cannot stand on its own,has no light of its own. Good does not need evil.

I never said anything close to the stupidity you just wrote. Reread.

The reason I KNOW you are not "specially chosen" is because your ego obviously rules you and ego is the creator of illusion and the main barrier to God. That's also how it "hurts you".

Please try to keep the dialog accurate.

You said "So, yes...Heaven is the last stop" I said "Not for you" That does not mean you don't get into Heaven. It means its not the last stop.

Funny, you answered your own question in the next part with minor corrections.
And herein is the CRUX of the matter in a nutshell. You don't believe God. Therefore you stand condemned as we speak! You are no different whatsoever from the Pharisees, which is why "your best friend" told them that their [spiritual] father is the devil in John 5!

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has (present tense!) eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides (present tense) on him."
NASB

And,

John 6:47-49
47 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. 48 "I am the bread of life. 49 "Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
NASB

And the reason the Jews' forefathers were judged by God and were condemned is because they did not believe him

Also, I supposed you're so smart, so enlightened, so ahead of the spiritual curve that you can discern which words in which passages have not been "altered, manipulated and misrepresented", since you have no qualms quoting those words and using them to argue when it is convenient for you to do so?

And if evil is also an illusion then your "best friend" was a blithering, blathering idiot.

And what or who created evil?

And if evil is a mere illusion, can you explain to us coherently how its antithesis (i.e. Good) is not also an illusion? Why can't it be said that "good and evil" are merely mental constructs that are extensions of our emotions, and a simply a convenient way we express our personal, subjective likes and dislikes? For example, I love asparagus; my wife hates the stuff. In other words, I find that veggie to be Good; but my wife Bad (i.e. NOT good!). (So, when my lovely, beautiful wife finds the veggie NOT so Good, did she create evil?)
And so it is with everything under the sun. Both Good and Evil are illusions -- just like you say Time is. Good cannot possibly be real apart from Evil.

Can you explain to us coherently how you can possibly know what good is apart from the existence of evil? How would you know what Light is apart from existence of Darkness? How would you know what wetness is apart from dryness? How would you know what cold is apart from heat? How would you know what kindness is apart from meanness?

And this brings me back full circle to your argument about Jesus praying for forgiveness for his murderers. You haven't answered my question: What was there to forgive, since your god loves (and therefore approves) of everything under the sun? If the Jews' act of murder wasn't evil, why did your "best friend" pray for their forgiveness? Normal people only forgive someone if an act that was committed against them is evil, sinful or bad. Or why is Jesus' Gospel, often called the "gospel of forgiveness"? Or why did Jesus preach to others to forgive? What are they to forgive -- people's illusions? If someone invades your home and murders your wife and children, you are supposed to forgive that person for having an illusion? Your wife and kids aren't really dead? Or were they just an illusion if the first place? Or the act of murder is neither good or evil?

Or since your god unconditionally loves everything under the sun, no matter what, explain to us how he can't love everyone's illusions.

And one final thing: Regarding the "stupidity" that you say I wrote: How so? You claimed that your god doesn't judge anyone -- that instead, we will all judge ourselves. My reply to your claim was that if that's the case, then no one has anything to worry about because virtually all people in the world naturally cut themselves quite a bit of slack, since most would judge themselves compared to what they see in other people around them. Other people's behavior is most often the moral standard by which people judge themselves. Therefore, the vast majority of people in the world will find themselves to be better or just as good as others. Now...if you don't believe this -- if you really believe my retort to your foolishness is stupid, I would suggest you start a poll thread and ask the good people here (good pun intended) to judge themselves. Ask them if they think they are Good or Evil human beings.

And by the way, the proof is in the eating. Do you remember how very hard you came down on Donald Trump a few weeks back? You judged him very harshly on his stand on illegal immigration. And by what moral standard, did you do that? YOURSELF! Your life. Your values. You were like the self-righteous Pharisee in the temple who pointed his arrogant snout high to the heavens to thank God that he wasn't a sinner LIKE the unwashed, low-life, wretch who was also praying right next to him.

So...take my challenge. Start a poll thread and ask people to judge themselves -- and then we'll find out which one of us is really stupid.

Oh yeah...and you still haven't answered me on how Jesus' martyrdom on the cross is of any practical value in helping people to ditch their illusions.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.