Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Malcolm Butler. Malcolm Butler, the hero of Superbowl 49, is in uniform; yet he’s benched for the entire Superbowl (except for special teams). Why?

Many theories have been posited. I’m going to put another spin on this. The decision to sit Malcolm Butler came not from Patriots coach Bill Belichick, nor certainly from The Krafts, but, of all places, from the NFL Commissioner’s office. Yes, the Commissioner. But Why?

My theory: Because the Superbowl is the League’s “Showcase”. The events leading up to, and including the game itself, provide a setting for the NFL to shine. To capture the headlines. To be in the limelight. I t must go flawlessly. It didn’t!

Neither Rob Gronkowski (concussion protocol) nor Malcom Butler (illness) were available for media questions on that opening night “interview session” at St. Paul’s Excel Energy Center.

Moreover, I’m only surmising here, but did the Commissioner’s Office speak with the Krafts who, in turn, talked to Bill Belichick, who in turn meted out punishment.

Gronkowski punished? Are you kidding? As Tony Soprano woulda said: “Fuhgettaboutit!” But, the oft-criticized, much-maligned Butler… “Yeh, that’ll work. We can do that!”

So, there’s Butler sobbing on the bench having just been told he’s not playing. Humiliated! Ouch!!!

What were those Jim Croce lyrics?:

“You don't tug on superman's cape;
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger;
And you don't mess around with Jim.”

Only in this case: “You don’t mess around with Roger.”
they probably blew the game because the guy that replaced the butler was a first class disaster.

i would love to know if those big guys in Vegas that bet all the money on the Eagles had a little inside info on this because there was no buyback money on the event.

that patriot defense sure as hell stunk in the superbowl and the offense could not recover from it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement