Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 09:27 PM   #44
FocusWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So named because it uses the BRIS Ultimate PPs A semi-automatic method that creates a Power Number and an odds line, pre-calculated for you, based on the total score each horse gets. You don't even need to rate all the horses, just one if you loke, to see what odds it might get,

All is explained in the attached PDF. The idea came from discussing handicapping with Dave Schwartz and his Figuring Out What Wins seminar.
I have read your posts for years, agreed with many and disagreed with many, but usually learned a bit along the way.

I have to take a moment to thank you for the detailed document you shared.

I have been reviewing your technique for a couple of weeks and believe that it does what you say it will. It doesn't try to finely predict how many noses between the first and second finisher, but rather globally identifies some potential contenders. It is also easily tailored to the information you have available and the weights you want to assign to them.

I was getting a bit annoyed that it sometime picked odds-on favorites and other times include 70-1 shots. The attached pick convinced me that there is something to the simple logic it uses.

Attached Images
File Type: png ForTom.png (7.3 KB, 91 views)
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)