Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #244
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I too am an old-timer who fell in love with the live version of this game...but that's where our similarity ends. Because I happen to think that the TV-version that our game has evolved to is the only long-term survival chance that the game has. In today's gambling-happy atmosphere...there is no chance at all for a game that emphasizes "pageantry"...while offering only one betting opportunity every 25 minutes or so. Even if a gambling newcomer were to visit a racetrack today, he would barely notice the pageantry of the live product...because he would be deep in the bowels of the place at the simulcast center, watching and betting on the product by way of the TVs.

I just think that the live racing is the hook. TV is definitely the life line. The question is what will draw a person to the TV in the first place and what will keep them there?

» Advertisement