Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
...Meanwhile, betptc which was recently sold to AUS bookie Winning Points was cut off from NYRA content mngmt tracks. It is like the days of cutting off phonebet because Philly Park was only 90mins away.

This is effing ridiculous.

They are driving people offshore.

No industry craps on their customer's heads like this industry. Not airlines, not used car lots nobody else has such crass disregard,

It is also obvious collusion and price fixing as if anyone in LE would ever give a hoot.
You see something similar when local and network signals are sometimes cut off from cable, streaming or satellite providers as contracts are renewed. Greed is the component that's consistent.

My opinion is that while the ADWs are a problem too, you might want to check to see if they are not restricted by some crazy Arizona state law. When I lived there it was a pretty complex set of rules about carrying live racing, and the only other state that seems to have as many problems with signals over the years is Texas (besides, of course the states that don't allow any ADWs).

Where I live now, in Illinois, I can bet on French racing via TVG, but not NYRA Bets, while it's not available at all on Twin Spires. I've been clipped at different surcharge rates between the ADWs, and there was a time about a decade ago where the Illinois Racing Board and horsemen cut off ADW wagering just prior to the Triple Crown, or the beginning of Saratoga/Del Mar - to drive more traffic to the tracks and to the OTBs (where surcharges are even higher). It resulted in me boycotting Illinois racing.

So, in other words, business as usual. Oh - and BTW - Winning Points is a bad sports tip sheet. Good fading material.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)