Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #49
spiketoo

https://www.latimes.com/sports/more/...315-story.html

John Sadler, trainer of last year’s Eclipse Award and Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Accelerate, fears a lot of horses will leave California if they can’t use Lasix. Sadler, and other trainers belonging to the California Thoroughbred Trainers, will be meeting at Santa Anita late this morning to discuss the latest changes. The Thoroughbred Owners of California plans a conference call on Saturday afternoon.

“This stuff is so new, I don’t know how it will be implemented or when,” Sadler said. “[Management] has to have some serious discussions on their side. They’ve carded 13 races for the Santa Anita Derby [on April 6]. You have to cut back the number of races and race dates, all those things. … This kind of make-it-up-as-you-go-along doesn’t make sense.”

While resentment is high among the trainers, most are reluctant to speak publicly until either they get answers or the situation plays out further.

“I’m not saying anything,” Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert said. “I’m going to wait and see.”
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)