Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #77
HalvOnHorseracing

Very tough to limit the list to 10. It wouldn't be a surprise for most of the Francis Ford Coppola's big movies - Godfather I and II, and Apocalypse Now - to make somebody's list. I really liked Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange and a lot of his other movies. Paths of Glory, Spartacus, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the Shining and Full Metal Jacket.

The Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood/Enio Morricone (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good the Bad and the Ugly) movies are always worth watching.

High Noon was a great western. Once Upon a Time in the West would be on my western list too. Maybe the best Western story ever written was Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage and the movie matched up with the book for telling the story. Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven was memorable.

Conan the Barbarian would have been a great movie if they had somebody who looked like Arnold and could act too. A Woman Under the Influence would make my list somewhere as would To Kill a Mockingbird, Taxi Driver, On the Waterfront, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

And anyone who saw Alien, didn't know what was coming, and didn't scream when it happened must have been watching with their eyes closed.

One thing everybody seems to agree on is that Citizen Kane isn't on the top of the list!
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)