Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

[quote=AltonKelsey;2225190]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I used to build all of my own as well. My 7yo PC I currently use was the first pre-built I ever bought (it was an Alienware Area 51).

Nowadays, you might save 100-200 building it yourself..../QUOTE]

Pretty sure I've saved more than that (more like 400) when building as I usually try to buy high value components with rebates.

Failure rates these days is near zero, so I don't worry about that .

I like knowing whats in the box and that no shortcuts have been taken. Have never bought a ready made for myself (other than laptops, and the Atari line back in the day. ) and probably never will. But you never know.
Well, I can only go by the specific machine I purchased (Corsair One)...all attempts to price out the components (not including rebates, mind out), only saved me about $200...

This pre-built has received nothing but praise from all the reviews I've seen...including from sites that are pretty much dedicated to doing it yourself...

Plus it's built by Corsair, so you know the memory and cooling components they use are about as good as you can get...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement