Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #97
Poindexter

I have never followed these tournaments and the only tournaments I have any experience with is the wps tournaments at Derby Wars(to date I have played in maybe 20). Thus my knowledge of tourmaments is basically nada.

My guess is that the groups that are colluding and playing in teams have mastered that art of winning these tournaments. It seems obvious to me that the penalty for not betting races that was originally part of the rules created a huge roadblock for them to successfully do so and they lobbied for rule change for that very reason. Whoever went along with it was completely suckered.

Once again I bring up the R word, Responsibility. If you are going to host a contest, it is your responsibility to make sure these tournaments are fair to everyone (alluded to by Track Phantom). Obviously the Breeders Cup Betting Challenge failed to do so. They basically took everyone's $2500 entry fee after they recklessly changed the rules to accomodate a few long time players who had ulterior motives in requesting the rule changes (not sure when these rule changes occurred). It basically reeks, but what else would you expect in the racing industry?

To be honest, I was sort of on the Andy C side of the fence (I wasn't quite understanding the advantage gained) until I heard Jonathon Kinchen explain. Then the lightbulb sort of hit. 10 entries with $7500 can basically be converted easitly into on entry with about $60,000 to $65,000 just by dutching one race and I am sure there are even better ways of doing something similar. It basically puts the guy with a $7500 starting bankroll at such a disadvantage (he has to make 23 x his bankroll, while the guy with 10 entries only has to make about 2 times his remainiing $60,000).
even if you have 3 or 4 groups of 6(entries) doing something similar it makes it extremely tough on the guy with just one entry.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)