Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: S&P top?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 04:19 AM   #44
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Is Karl Denninger actually taking the loss of 2018's market gain (that's right...we lost one month of market gains...that's it...in all this "carnage") to hype all that nonsense?

Although he is 100% correct on the BOT trading...I should take his post and put it up in the thread where someone tried to tell me that what happens in horse racing with the computer robotic wagering doesn't happen in the stock market...
Denniger's site always has a lot more traffic when the market tanks, per his calls back in 2007 and 2008 that rough waters were ahead, so I suppose he took the last few days of declines to get back on his "I told you so" horse.

I'd agree that so far we've only seen the froth on top of the last move get blown off - but, with the thin stack we can see how fragile things can get, and how quickly the moves can go. I'll be curious if KD spells out any specifics of the damage. It makes you worry how sound things are, though I can already hear the grumblings for QE 4.

4:17 AM EST, and futes have made a big turnaround, up 33 at 2640. The stack is a bit more stable, and now roughly 20-30% of normal levels, with heavier volume as you pointed out for the overnight session.

Gonna set the alarm clock for the open. Could be interesting.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement