Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #60
FakeNameChanged

Originally Posted by thaskalos
In Nitro's particular case...he doesn't believe that "modern handicapping" is an effective way of making money in this game...and we "modern handicappers" feel the same about "tote-board analysis". Turnabout is fair play...IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
Do you really feel one needs to do this?

It doesn't do anything for the individual unless he wants to do it. Kind of reminds me of when Traynor wanted any of the whales to divulge their algorithms.
My thinking is that Nitro has used modern handicapping and his method of winning at the races has evolved to another method, that is profitable for him. I think this is true in almost every endeavor, imagine the scorn that Dick Fosbury was experiencing before the '68 Olympics when he shows the world how to high jump head first over the bar and sets a world and Olympic record. The old coaches didn't want to change their ways before that happened.

I remember the early days of televised poker tournaments when the old school players looked down on the 20 year-old players who became very good playing online poker. Chris Moneymaker literally took ol' Sammy Farha to school on national television with his bluffs.

Back to horse racing, I think if you persist at "your" method it can work for you with some degree of success. Whether your method is Speed, Form, Class, PACE, Fractional times, etc, OR Tote Board Analysis.
My only problem with this thread as it applies to me is, it should read: The Illogical Choice-Tote Board Handicapping... I say that because when some horse is getting unusual action and his/her PP's don't appear logical. When the "action" horse wins, it can be a head scratcher.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)