Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #51
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
Funny how things are taken out of context, but I’ll just say that if your making plays that double and triple your investment then I would say its not only “gonna to get it done”, its going to allow for a few losses along the way too. (By the way apparently you haven’t been following Sha Tin very much, but I don’t blame you for wanting to sleep)
What's out of context? The results you post often have $4.00 winners, and $12 Qs. Considering you're tossing in $18 minimum to cover your nine bets and sometimes don't cash, a 40% ROI seems to be a stretch. I do stay up and follow Hong Kong closely, and don't recall you posting a summary of your entire evening's balance - not that it's required, of course. I'm not saying you're lying, but the results aren't obvious.

Quote:
Generally the only time I’ll convey that message is when I feel its high time to offer a second opinion. It’s unfortunate that I step on so many toes when doing it. I guess it’s because I know their game inside and out, but they know very little about mine.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Yes, of course the GOAL is to win, and occasionally a long shot off the radar will spoil things, but it’s only because the long shot among my selections didn’t fire.
You're opinion and approach are well known, and I think you're imagining that there's this overwhelming disagreement from other players that using only the tote and analyzing action is ineffective. Your posts come across as "You handicappers are idiots - just use the tote!" whether that's truly your view or not.

Quote:
Again taking things out of context! I used the term “ignorant” as it pertains to tote board utilization. If you take it personally to mean more then that then what can I say? I might also ask you sir your motive for even questioning me about returning to PA. I’m here to have some fun and spending most of my time sharing information in the Selection forum. It’s funny how few of the detractors show up over there. It might be interesting to see them back up their claims.
There's nothing out of context here. Post 44 in this thread was quite clearly your expressed opinion of the ignorance of players who can't win they way you claim to win, and it's a stretch to think that most non-tote players wouldn't find it insulting. My motive for questioning your return to PA is rather simple - pointing out that it's your ego on display here, and not love for educating your fellow players.

Quote:
Friend, take it for whatever its worth. I didn’t start this thread, and I’m not going to sit idly by while some try to discuss something they know absolutely nothing about. Using the tote analysis is the EXACT OPPOSITE of being restricted. In fact, not only does it provide excellent results, but it takes me all of about 10 minutes to determine if a race is playable and which entries to play. I call that dam efficient.
More bragging, which is another way of saying that ironically it's you doing the back-slapping - to yourself. Again, this persecution of tote analysis doesn't exist, and you're jumping to conclusions thinking that the rest of us "know absolutely nothing" about it. The parallel to technical analysis in the markets is very clear. And if you think about that for a moment, the most successful traders don't restrict themselves to just TA - they also look at fundamentals, news flow, and many other factors when making trades.

Rendering opinions is one thing, but when they are extremely condescending , then it shouldn't surprise you to receive some backlash.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)