Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:59 AM   #30
westernmassbob

I’m glad that NYRA chose to move it’s tact from Belmont and have the meet in Saratoga. There were a lot of people that said it wasn’t going to happen and I can understand why. I don’t agree with them but I understand and accept their opinions. With that said NYRA being in town made very little impact to the tourism revenue that is projected to be down 65% for the summer season. Obviously fans not being allowed in was the difference as well as other major attractions being closed due to covid. So that typical infusion of 250 million into the capital region during the racing meet never came. I still say some track revenue could have been salvaged if my drive thru wagering idea came to fruition. There could have been a drive thru tour of the track included with that as well but I guess there was never enough time to plan any of this.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)