Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
UnifiedTheory

HDST - Post #1 Scratches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
No one has reported that problem you are having with the mismatched files, so if there is a bug I am not aware of it. Here's what I think might be happening. HDST parses the scratches.xml file which is what the downloaded Equibase file gets named. If the date in that file does not match the datafile date it will produce the error message that you received. HDST will only download the current Equibase scratch list, not any archived information from previous dates. So, for example, if you downloaded yesterday's scratch file after all races were completed you could run any datafile for 5/7/19 and HDST would (should?) work fine. However, you couldn't load a datafile from, let's say, 5/6/19 without getting the error message as the scratches.xml file would be for 5/7, not 5/6.

For your second problem, did those horses that won't scratch happen to be the first horse in the datafile for their corresponding races, usually the #1?

Thanks Headhawg for your prompt reply. I would have responded sooner but I just got home from work.

About the Equibase scratch file, that supposed issue is on me. I didn't realize that the scratch file is only for the current day as I was under the impression it also contained archived scratches for 2019.

About the two scratches in ten GG cards that didn't stay scratched, to answer your question...yes both horses were in post one.

Hmmmmm.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)