Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: W O W ! ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #356
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Well no kidding Captain Obvious. I think you said the same thing I did with a lot more words.

What I was talking about doesn't have to involve speed figures. Horses from different races on the same day often race against each other on subsequent days. The Godolphin Mile and World Cup would be a good example, or the Sprint and the Mile. What if a comparative handicapper wants to compare horses from those races? The delta wouldn't help much, but the total ground loss would.
I think you missed my point.

If you are a comparative handicapper, you pretty much never care how far the horses ran relative to the actual distance of the race (unless it's so extreme some horses are not suited to the actual distance run). You only care how far they ran relative to the other horses in their own race.

When you are done with a full analysis within a single race as I loosely described it in my previous post, you know who is better than whom by how much in that single race.

You would go through the same process for the Godolpin Mile.

The next step would be to differentiate between the quality of multiple races.

In your example, you would look at the makeup of the Godolphin Mile vs. the makeup of the World Cup and determine which race had more quality and by how much.

The final question would be something like this.

Based on the respective quality of these 2 races, was a 2nd in the Godophin Mile given that horse's trip better than a 3rd in the World Cup given that horse's trip?

At no time do I care if everyone in one of the races ran in the 8-9 path and everyone in another race all hugged the rail. Everything is relative to the other horses inside the same race and the quality of those races.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-31-2017 at 12:32 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)