clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Bloodhorse.com | Release Date: March 28, 2023
Forte Favored in Pool 6 of Kentucky Derby Future Wager:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...y-future-wager

FUTURE WAGER GENERAL RULES:
https://www.kentuckyderby.com/upload...%201_Rules.pdf

I didn't put any money into this year's futures pools.

At 5-2 I think Forte has to be up there near the top of the list (at least this year.)

-jp

Yes. Definitely in the discussion.

And parlay that opinion - the 'Preakness Future'? thing, this year, for the same horse.

If I understand what I skimmed, and read on various tweets correctly, he was 4-1!? in 'Preakness futures? I mean, maybe it 'sounds' semi fair to a casual fan of Forte or whatever, but a latent payout wager, on a two-race affair, where you don't really beat parlay even if he first Wins the Derby and enters the Preakness in stride as the chalk?

I didn't participate in that pool (now noticing Tapit Trice as pretty much just as awful tepid price 6-1 ! )

I'm having bonehead moment just getting an understanding around how the odds even make sense. Is the takeout really insane, or just a bad format, etc... "Mage" was 30-1? ... I mean even a laser guided missile like correctly singling Mage... How does that work in a parlay 15-1, and even money and it's still only ~30-1, and doesn't account for whether he misses the race.

Personally, I don't have to look far for 'Worst' knucklehead Derby wagers.

Yes I am impressed about how social media has this freakish talent pool where many horseplayers bat 1.000, and these wonderful 'IQ' discussions go on where everyone in the thread is self-reported 140+, yet I'm delusional enough to make terrible bets all...the...time .

From knowing Tapit Trice was extremely likely to be out of the Exacta this year at his 2nd-choice price, and knowing Angel of Empire was highly competitive, that alone is enough puzzle pieces to hold your own, and I still was pretty awful this year, (in addition to the misses on the AoE exactas, +others, also had Two Phils more of a 'B' than an 'A', and somehow my usually solid Florida prep understanding was bad enough to dismiss the obviously somewhat talented Mage with things like a the FOY trip basically not connecting to brain cells)...

or 2022 when I had Oaks / Derby tix w/ Crown Pride and Summer is Tomorrow, - the later because of belief of a pace impact, yet in spite of what I felt was a fast pace with an underrated leader, I never even considered to use plodders like Barber Road or Rich Strike under a relatively clean and simple Oaks '22.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 05-24-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)