Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 04:28 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Have done it many times with a rifle and bow at targets, deer, no moving limos. It's a moot point for an assassin with even a minimum amount of training. He'd recon the exp target for range, angles, etc. and sight his rifle scope in for xx degrees at xxx yards. Then no need to aim high, low, maybe account for a cross wind, and how much to lead a target moving laterally at something like 6-10 MPH?

This problem really plagues bowhunters when shooting from a tree stand, who've only practiced standing on the ground. Misses almost always go high.

Here's a short blurb from rifleshootermag:
Here's where it gets really tricky. Because you've got your rifle sighted in at 200 yards, your point of impact is typically 1.30 inches high at 75 yards, and when pointed at 80 degrees angle, gravity isn't going to pull your bullet back down to meet your line of sight at 200 yards. Nope: that bullet is going to continue to deviate away from your line of sight and will hit considerably higher than anticipated.

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/edit...gle-shot/83768

I was going under the assumption he had not sighted the rifle for that shot,
so we end up talking apples and oranges. From what I have researched Oswald was not an expert marksman. I have a customer who makes parts to restore vintage foreign rifles, I make screws and firing pins for him and make round blanks for him to further work on. He actually buys non functional rifles by the pallet load, he actually has a couple Caranos
of the model Oswald used. He claims they are junk and says Oswald was lucky to hit anything at that distance. He sounds like he believes there were 3 shooters.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.