Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Justify
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #27
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
While I have no interest or prediction in his future (if we were pals, I'd bet you a $1 for the sake of argument) other than betting him as an overlay, should he be entered next in a derby prep route, we do have radically different form interpretation here;

If he runs in those races, he'll be no more than a 'use' if I happen to be stringing multis. I also have no interest or expectation of him ever being a true Grade 1 horse, but I do expect him to win his next race, should he be entered in a derby prep at a route.
Your point is taken with regards to the muddy track, where perhaps all bets are off in terms of outcome. However, I believe the track was sealed, and in general, that should favor frontrunners.

Also, point taken with regards to him running a better race next out. I was commenting on his long term prospects. Certainly if he shows up for a race like the Sunland Park Derby, he might give them all they can handle.

That aside, it seems like you are saying that his "normal" race should be for him to walk on the lead with no pressure and then we will see the "real" Mourinho. Any sort of pace pressure or challenges should not be the norm. That might be the reality in 6-horse fields in SoCal but those are not true races. Any speed horse will look otherworldly under those conditions.

If Mourinho can't handle dueling with horses that can't win allowance races subsequently or filly Cal-bred claimers (see the field for the Speakeasy) then when its all said and done, he simply isn't much horse.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement