Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #1
Geno_Gino

What's Your Derby Play?

Many years ago (before the age of simulcasting), that 25-minute break between races was social time amongst friends and other characters you could meet at the track. As a racing neophyte, I enjoyed hearing others' opinions.

I guess I have gotten sour in my later years. I still very much enjoy seeing my friends at the track, but am less enthused in hearing a 5-minute monologue on why this horse is better than that horse.

My personal preference is to make all of my bets before the first race starts, and then sit back and relax. If I win that's great; if you're sitting next to me and win [after having a different opinion] that is good, too.

So what's the point of this long-winded message? Now that the PPs are out on DRF, I have formed an opinion and will bet accordingly:

$2 exacta box 2, 8, 9, 10

$2 trifecta box 2, 8, 9, 10

$10 win #9 Skinner

$82 investment.

Would enjoy hearing others' plays, minus the long-winded reasoning behind your prognostications! (Yes, you can call me a killjoy.)
Geno_Gino is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)